Jan Marini, CEO of Jan Marini Skin Research, is a pioneer in the professional skincare arena. She has more than three decades of experience researching and developing new and innovative skincare technologies. Below are three of her top beauty tips to help keep skin protected and youthful during the summer months.
Protect Your Hair
· Sun exposure breaks down the Disulfide bonds in hair, causing color fading (think of that $200 color service), brittleness and breakage. Remember, your scalp is an extension of the same skin that is on your face and it requires the same attention! Cumulative sun exposure, throughout the year, damages and ages the scalp and, as a result, compromises and decreases the factors that promote luxurious, full, healthy hair.
· Be sure to use a conditioner or leave-on spray that contains a sun protectant…and, wear a hat!
Protect Your Lips
· Your lips are one of the most vulnerable and most exposed areas and, often, the most forgotten.
· To prevent skin cancer while keeping your lips soft, hydrated and supple, generously massage sun protectant into the lip area.
Your Skin Continues to Age in the Summer Months
· There is a widely spread misconception that it is wise to stop using glycolics, retinols, etc., during the summer months. Not the case! These powerful, gold standard tools can prevent a significant amount of damage, and repair damage that hasn’t yet surfaced while reversing superficial signs of aging and enabling skin to more effectively respond to UV radiation.
· Remember, your skin ages every day and you need to consistently apply medically and clinically validated topicals that can truly assist in keeping your skin looking healthy, vibrant, refined, hydrated and luminous. Taking a break, especially during a period of more intense sun exposure, only compounds the aging process and further compromises your skin’s ability to repair and rejuvenate.
For more information on Jan Marini and her product line go to http://www.janmarini.com